New community name unveiled at Museum

DSC_0069

 

 

In 1957, Debbie Eastop’s parents bought a house on Carp Road between Stittsville Main and Hazeldean Road. The home was originally a blacksmith’s house which was purchased from a woman named Mrs. Potter. Mrs. Potter held the mortgage and Debbie remembers walking through the field with her mother to make the monthly payment. After the mortgage was paid off, Mrs. Potter gave the family an ornate old house key appropriately labeled “Potter’s Key”.

Today, Debbie and her family generously donated the Potter’s Key to the Goulbourn Museum collection. We are honoured to be gifted with this piece of history. The Minto Group held an event at the Museum on February 6, 2015 to announce the name of the new community coming to Stittsville. The “Potter’s Key” development will be built on the border of the former Huntly and Goulbourn Townships near Hazeldean and Carp Roads.

 




Goulbourn Museum

Goulbourn Museum