The former Goulbourn Township was a division of Carleton County, and became a part of the City of Ottawa during amalgamation in 2001. The communities within the former Township include Stittsville, Richmond, Ashton and Munster, as well as Hazeldean, Glen Cairn, Mansfield, Stapledon and Dwyer Hill.
Geographically, the northern border follows east-west between McArton Road, Rothburn Road and Maple Grove; the eastern border runs along Eagleson Road; the southern border starts at Goodstown Road and runs west to the corner of Beckwith Boundary Road and Ashton Station Road; and the western border follows Ashton Station Road. Confused? Download a copy of the 1879 map from Belden’s Atlas.